This page is reserved for member's news and announcements. If you have news
or information you would like to share with other PIANC members please e-mail the PIANC UK secretary.
01 March 2019 : Inland Waterways - Managing the assets & future projects
will be held in London on 18th March 2019. Visit our page for more informaiton.
7 January 2019 : Sir William Harris lecture
This year’s Sir William Harris Lecture entitled “A modern alliance for a modern lifeboat service” was delivered by Mr Howard Richings.
The lecture included a brief history of The Royal National Lifeboat Institution and the background and detail of the creation and operation of the Alliance demonstrating a cooperative approach to construction.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution is best known for the selfless actions of its volunteer crews and its fleet of 350 high-tech lifeboats. Providing the infrastructure to support this operation is a lesser known aspect of the RNLI’s work. Howard Richings spent 26 years managing the procurement of these essential civil engineering and building works and promoted an Alliance Agreement that saw a £100M+ package of high risk maritime projects completed in a cooperative and claim free environment built on the principles recommended by Egan and Latham and utilising the NEC form of contract.
8 June 2016 : Call for abstracts for the ICE Coasts, Marine Structures and Breakwaters (5 – 7 September 2017, Liverpool)
The Institution of Civil Engineers is pleased to invite PIANC members to submit abstracts showcasing innovative projects and recent advances in coastal and maritime engineering.
Successful authors will be invited to present at the eleventh Coasts, Marine Structures and Breakwaters conference, taking place 5-7 September 2017 in Liverpool.
The meeting attracts over 450 delegates from around the world, offering presenters and their organisations a unique opportunity to share findings and research with carefully targeted audience of marine and coastal project engineers, technicians, architects, infrastructure directors, consultants and academics.
- Benefit from international knowledge sharing
- Showcase your paper to thousands of readers through inclusion in major engineering indexes and resources including the ICE Virtual Library
- Peer Review is unsurpassed, ensuring that the originality, authority and accuracy of your work will be fully recognised
- Formal proceedings published after the event provide an invaluable resource for all organisations wanting access to the most up to date and robust information in the field of coastal and maritime engineering
- Reduced registration fee for presenting authors
How to submit